Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bye Bye Birdie!

Bye Bye, Birdie!

Here's cheers for the old rooster year... and warm greetings for the new year of the dog. Damn... having a Chinese boyfie was not at all exactly in my list of much-to-die-for in the year 2005 but look what I got... a Chinese boyfie, his whole family and a Chinese son. Hell yeah. What a year. And look at me... consulting feng shui and looking forward to the year of the doggie (more so, to the ang paos that my little karate kid will get from his chekwa family, harharhar!)

Any regrets?

Looking back... I didn't have any. Everything that happened in 2005 blew my head off, turned my world upside down, but it was one helluva roller coaster ride. I became stronger. Roar. I became more mature. Clap! Clap! I became who I didn't imagined I would be. But I loved it. I didn't expect my life would be like this... and I am actually looking forward to this year.

High hopes, high fives.

TO start off, I am finally getting myself a job. Chase was convincing me earlier during our phone conversation to go back to InterCon and apply for reservations. Tempting as it may seem.. but I am afraid that I'll forever be stuck with an avaya (nooooooo!!!!) and of course I wanted to have a career. I have to pay my credit card bills and our growing needs. I searched my head off in jobstreet and tried my luck in applying for a med-rep position... something that I should've had since April of last year, hadn't I gotten preggy by a sex-starved Chinese mafia. Hehe. Crossing my fingers, I am hoping for the best. Should I say I'm desperate? Nah. I'm just afraid that I'll lose my head staying at home and tending to the cutest little boy I had last August 23rd.

Wedding Bells?

A lot of people are getting married this year... dunno what's with the year of the dog! And yeah of course I've (We've) been the butt of their cruel jokes. Like, "aren't you gonna get married na ba?" Duh. Marry yer face, assholes. He still haven't popped the question directly, and I'm not hoping, either. Although he's dropping hints, I'd rather pass it off as whimsical fantasies of his. Why? Maybe because I still want to live my life in its single-blessedness and I hate dealing with papers... y'know, name changes in documents. Besides, I'm happy with my last name in the 1st ten of the alphabet, thank you. And we don't have enough money yet to stage that fantastic wedding of the century. Maybe... when that time comes I'd be more ready. But right now, I'm happy with what I have. (Am I?)

Where are you going?

I still don't know where I am going, but as of now, at least I already have some direction in my wasted life. No new year's resolutions, though. I don't want to set myself to a rigid rule that I would somehow break along the way. One thing's for sure... I'm going to make the best out of this year. And I'm going to be the best that I can be.

For all of my friends who amde 2005 worthwhile, thank you all. Wishing you all the best there is for 2006.

For my Sweetie and little Sweetie... you guys rock my world! I love you both.

No comments: